Thursday, January 20, 2011

Texas' vacation

I calculated the time off Tex and I have taken; it's been enough. I have to do something about that.

I'm home, I have no excuse. I will give myself this last month and a half. It's been everything from frustrating to paralyzing. Today while talking to yet another friend whom turned to me for explanation I said little then thought "one day I'll set the record straight". Immediately following came "really why?". Things are as settled now as they are ever going to get. Furthermore, "the record" doesn't mean a damn thing to anyone except me and I know what it is.

And back to Texas, I am home now. There is no reason for us not to be working, I think he is bored. Ok I'll fess up, I am bored. I think Tex (and everyone else) believes we have turned the farm into some kind of animal spa where food appears magically and all that is required is the occasional pose as I walk around following them with a camera.

Problem is I miss my big guy! I almost (Almost) climbed up on him this morning just to sit with him while he ate. I've done it before, he either thinks I am crazy and accepts it or truly doesn't care that I like to sit on him randomly. I did resist this morning.

I think I will call Sarah and ask her to give me some ideas for ground work exercises, heck I am home all day right? The worst of the winter weather has passed right?! Either way we're doing it cause we have to get back at it.

I could blame it on Tex being bored, which he may very well be, he does like to work. Fact is I am the one that is bored and the one jonesing for some focused time with Tex. Tex is pretty darned happy with this vacation he is having. He's pretty much in charge of things with Katie running a close second. He walks around quite regally pushing/guiding them this way or that way, unless of course he is distracted by a lovely patch of grass.

So I suppose today's message to myself is "OK enough, let's get back to work". Tex's message is "OK love vacation is over".

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More