Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Missing summer

It's snowing. It's been either rain, half frozen or, as we have now, snow. I do realize that it is only January however I would like to go on record: I am over winter!

It's gets old to be either crunching on top of the layers of mud or sinking into them, I'm pretty much over the frozen water buckets too. I have have a pile of broken buckets alongside the barn; a bucket tomb if you will. I know better than to kick them, I kick them anyway (not always), and they break. Yep, I am over winter.

I want to put the bareback pad on Tex and play. I wanna wander through our tiny little trail. I mostly wanna spend some one on one time with him cause he makes me feel absolutely perfect and there really is no better view.

I remember the first time I rode Texas, I felt like I was sitting on my very own walking couch. He was that comfortable and I was actually relaxed (that's something of a problem for me). I left Sarah's that day high as a kite let loose along the shore. I don't think I could have fallen any harder for him.

The funniest thing is we haven't "done" a lot, I don't have the experience to go play with cows (however I really think it'd be cool someday), or enter a local show (not really interested in shows), or anything like that. We've ridden at Sarah's and we've ridden at the farm, it's certainly a controlled area. That being said it is our area and even if it's just riding in circles in the "arena area" it's time with Tex, time working with Tex, time to better understand Tex, time to improve my riding. Tex can afford a break. I'd rather not have one, it's not quite at "riding a bike" for me yet. With the weather the ground is either frozen or muddy so to say we are currently limited in what we can do is stating the obvious! I miss it and can not wait for spring! I'd even settle for a three day string of nice weather. That being said...it is only January and this is Washington!

I suppose another point to consider is, having them here I do get plenty of time with them all, rain or shine, and I ought not complain. Winter, or rather the harsh weather, doesn't usually last long so we'll bank on that!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More