Thursday, January 20, 2011

Horsey scheme of things

I've been sitting here flipping back and forth between craigslist, dreamhorse, landsofamerica, and this empty post trying to figure a way to put to words where I think I figure into the horsey scheme of things.

I don't want to show; I'd rather watch someone else show a horse that lived with me then show myself, even if I had the talent and experience to do so.

I do think it'd be super cool to learn the art of reining. I'd also love to hop on Tex and know how to "play with cows". And oh to be fifteen and be able to jump Katie over fences...

All of that, as cool as it sounds, is secondary to me.

They have given me the freedom to care for another being without sacrifice. It is perhaps the greatest gift I have ever received. In the face of that learning to spin, for me, is secondary.

There are times when I think I ought to apologize for my preference; spotless water buckets over time in the arena. There are times when I am not sure whom I should apologize to, my horse friends who are actively riding or the horses that belong to the water buckets.

My talent, if there is such a thing where living, breathing, thinking beings are concerned, shines in caring for them.

That is where I fit into the horsey scheme of things; it probably is that simple.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More