Sunday, January 30, 2011

Ch-ch-ch-ch changes

It's a shame there is no manual to reference when things go wacky. I'd certainly be thumbing through it right about now. I imagine "Restarting your life after 40" is somewhere between "How to handle your first mid-life crisis" and "What AARP really stands for".

The changes over the last two years are a little mind blowing, healthy, still mind blowing.

Two years ago I lost my aunt.

Two years ago I fell hopelessly in and out of love with someone half way across the world.

Two years ago I was barely a month away from losing my older brother, I just didn't know it.

Two years ago I started looking for a better way to live my life.

Two years ago Leo entered my life.

Two years ago I had been on this side of the water for only six months. I was adjusting to "country life" complete with well water, field mice, spiders galore, and dump runs.

Two years ago I had never imagined I'd own a horse.

Before moving to this side of the water I was a "city girl" through and through. I took mass transit. I was a regular at a local pub. I wore heels to work and actually applied make up on a daily basis. I had a cat. I lived for work. I was never separated from my Blackberry and firmly believed a ten hour day was slacking and vacations without work were for lesser people.

Seven hundred some odd days; two years.

I went and visited Pony Up Rescue this weekend and will be volunteering my Fridays doing whatever Rosemary needs me to do; I am very excited for that. Actually I am ecstatic (hard to tell here I know). I was so impressed with her; just listening to her speak of the horses.

Seven hundred and some odd days ago I'd have never imagined standing next to someone, inhaling the scents of a barn, and dreaming of doing the same one day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More