Friday, January 7, 2011

Not much horsin' around

It has been a couple days worth of number crunching and not a lot of playing with the ponies. I finally have a decent look at what I am looking at; jumble words much?

The limbo in which I have been living...dramatic much? Sorry it popped into my head ;-)

In any case, things are slowly wrapping up with my last position. I faxed over paperwork today that represents the last step, now I wait. True to form for me that meant, I prepare. It's a pretty scary thing to cut your income in half and start something crazy new all at the same time. However I have budgeted my way into May and although it will be tight, no one will go without and that's really the bottom line.

There simply is no way for me to go back to a position where I am supporting software, at any level. On top of that I am unwilling to commute; I am utterly burnt out where support is concerned, to continue that and spend twelve hours a day away from home? I can't. It really is that simple.

It only makes sense to me to utilize my experience to benefit something I love. Goodness knows I will make my living typing on a keyboard in some fashion, may as well bring back the passion for that instead of beating my head against the proverbial brick wall that software support became for me. I am sure that sounds negative however truth be told it is the only answer for me, it is that simple. I've wanted to do this for a long time and I likely never would have let myself; it's petrifying.

So I spent the last two days budgeting, figuring out everything from bedding schedules to groceries for the next four months. It's pretty much the only way I could figure on getting any sleep tonight! I now know that although it means there will be no frivolous spending (which sucks for the record) it also means everyone will be fine. I can stop dreaming of not being able to properly bed the stalls or get vitamins or farrier costs etc etc., which is a relief!

On the business front we have made contact with and have final paperwork to send into the makers of the Sore No More product line. I have decided to go ahead and take this slow, I'm certainly going to share the excitement as the contacts are made however the actual site isn't going to display any products that are not readily available for purchase. I think I would rather unveil when we have everything we need so it may be a bit longer than my well, my first "dreams" of instant fame! I can get ahead of myself, hence the budgeting four months in advance and realistic (obsessive) planning of everything.

The "kids" are all fine. Texas got his really super cute green blanket incredibly dirty (rolled in the mud) so he's sporting his handsome purple one. Patch is hopeless and has his blanket all dirty but nothing out of the ordinary. Amber is pretty stoked about being in the barn tonight and Katie is as cute as ever. Everyone is a probably little restless because the weather kinda blew here today, drizzly, and I used it as an excuse to obsess over budgets. Leo was a touch disappointed to and explained this by jumping up onto the end of the bed and then off the bed making noises I suspect only Leo makes; he did this for about five minutes. That my friends was the highlight of the afternoon!

I suppose it has been a boring couple days on the farm however the budgets are done, an important decision was made, and what I hope to be the final step in moving on has been made.

At the end of the day I can't complain, progress is progress and so long as everyone here is happy, healthy, and safe I'm going to allow myself to live that progress.

2 comments:

Sore No More! I buy that stuff by the gallon! I am really looking forward to being your customer.

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More