Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Amber

In creating the new design I realized Amber is mentioned a lot but rarely is she the focus of a post. I suppose that's because she is so quiet. Whereas Katie is definitely a Princess, Amber is more a Duchess, my definition of one at least. When I imagine a Princess both Katie and Perris come to mind; they are the sweetest ponies ever however they have standards of which they have no problem expressing. When I imagine a Duchess I imagine a soft spoken lady that doesn't need to voice her opinion, not that she doesn't have one! If I were to give Amber a title I do believe it'd be Duchess.

This is certainly not to say she is always little miss perfectly quiet. She is a fan of walking through fences, she squeals better than anyone at the farm and I've seen her kick up a few times when she has had enough of the general silliniess. Mainly though she is sweet and quiet.

This morning in the snow she stood and watched as everyone investigated the snow. Patch was rolling, Katie was rolling, Tex was rolling, Leo was hopping from horse to horse (rolling is something Leo still finds fascinating), Amber stood by and just watched it. Often times I think she is thinking "thank you for the invite but you can have your silliness".

She's pretty content to hang out next to Patch and follow Texas around when Patch is busy.

She's also quite the mystery, she came from the auction. We don't really know much of anything about her except that someone dumped her off as if she were worth nothing anymore. It's a good example of great horses being disposed of haphazardly. She's well built, quiet in and out of the saddle, well behaved with other horses, an easy keeper, I'm not sure why they dumped her off like they did however it did find her here and for that I am grateful. I wish I knew more about her past however I suppose not knowing her past is miniscule considering I get to share her future.

I will have to make it a point to spend more time writing about her. She may be quiet and our stories may involve things like a great grooming session or an early morning hug however they are our stories.

It's funny there is a little bit of me in every one of them; rather I see a little bit of me in every one of them. With Amber it's the quiet me that sits on the couch and reads for hours or maybe the me that stands off to the side at a party observing instead of mingling about.

It's 11:14am and I think I am going to put my giant boots on and go tromp up to the barn and spy on the ponies playing in the snow, clean a stall or two and start lunch.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More