Wednesday, January 12, 2011

New design, new section

Ok so let's be honest, I did not come up with the design. I did however spend a great deal of time looking for templates that 1. were free 2. served my purposes 3. were fairly easy to edit. I found all that in the new template! I've had a bit of fun with it, however it does remind me that my technical web savvy is largely reliant on managing people who can take my, sometimes scattered, ideas and put them to the page! Having "managed" for so long I needed something easy.

In any case the most exciting piece of news is the addition of the Rescues section. In the rescues section you'll find information on adoptable rescue horses. All of the information on the horses, as well as the images, belong to the rescues. I am simply using the blog to spread the word, with the rescues permission. Full contact information for each rescue is also listed.

I have dreamt of "becoming a rescue", I'd love to specialize in the middle aged to older guys and gals that someone somewhere has decided isn't worth the cost of feed to bother with anymore; maybe they can't rope and ride like they did and they can't afford to keep them anymore etc etc etc. I have a special place in my heart for the older ones, I blame Patch.

I am however not in a position to make that dream come true, currently. I have a grand plan and eight years until I am fifty so I am not worried. That being said, I do want to do all I can and right now, as I sit here in life changing limbo, I can't do much more then talk about them here.

Maybe it will bring the rescues a bit of traffic, a bit of networking and maybe a horse or two is able to find a new home. It's a small contribution to a cause that deserves huge attention, it is however my contribution and progress is progress right?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More