Sunday, January 9, 2011

Schedules and cigarettes

It's a pretty lazy morning around here; everyone is inside cause it keeps spitting rain and/or snow depending the minute! Ahhh winter in the Pacific Northwest.

Patch is in the shelter and honestly I think he likes it. No one is reaching over trying to bite his face (he's usually in the middle stall) and he has tons of room. So far he is the only one that hangs out up there instead of sporadically wandering about the area.

He's a special guy, Patch that is. You'd really have to meet him to appreciate his personality, I don't think I could do him justice. He's funny, he's sweet, he's handsome, he's mischievous, he's smart, he's laid back, he's crabby faced a lot (it's an act), and he can be super stubborn. Those are all just adjectives though and don't do him any sort of justice. I've yet to figure out a way to properly describe a horse that in the summer will come right up to the open porch door and wait for a carrot, in the pasture will walk away from his food and stare at you until you move it to an area that is beyond everyone else's reach and/or glare, will try to sneak up the outside stairs, can stand stock still for two full minutes to express his disapproval before relenting....I could go on, still it just doesn't do the old guy justice. He's special and apparently the only one of the bunch savvy enough to realize he has the biggest stall at the farm :-)

Tomorrow we start our new schedule, you know the schedule that is still in my head! I need a schedule, the kids need a schedule and we don't have one. That being said, today's big to do list includes:

1. Cook turkey (started at 10:30am)
2. Clean stalls
3. Go get hay
4. Make a schedule for weekdays
5. Smoke my last pack of cigarettes

That last one is a tough one however in the soul searching last few days I have had to look at things that need not be a part of my life anymore, cigarettes, unfortunately, were right up there at the top. It's a shame cause part of me will seriously miss them for a long while. I'm gonna need that schedule to keep myself super busy. It wont be hard to be super busy but scheduled super busy is the only way for me ;-) Without a schedule I feel at odds; so what if it's taken me a month to figure out that I am still not comfortable without a schedule! Progress is progress and I vowed to allow myself to live the progress, not curse the speed!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More