Thursday, March 29, 2012

The reality, or horrors, of loving a horse person

I ran into someone I know at the grocery store this evening. She was a fellow horse person that I rarely saw outside of a barn environment. While we were standing there, each in our respective lines, she reached up and found hay in her hair and remarked about the same. I was just glad to finally see someone in line, aside from myself, with hay in her hair!

It's a common theme if you're around horses, so is mud and smelling like horse poop (I personally don't think horse poop smells like much but some people obviously disagree, who knew?!). I suppose it's no fun to cuddle up to someone that has hay in her hair, mud on her shoes, horseshit on her gloves, and doesn't even care! However, that doesn't touch the true horrors of being a friend or loved one of a horsey person, by that I really mean an animal person. It's not all about the horses ya know, sometimes it's about the dog!

I can't imagine what life is like for people around me. I am a very patient person, I'm a very caring person, and I have a crazy ability to be objective in nearly every situation. I am loyal, trustworthy, don't gossip (as much as I could), don't hit, or do mean things on purpose. All in all I'm not bad to be around however, I also...

Firmly believe my dog has feelings that need to be considered; this is not to say that Leo makes decisions but Leo's well being and comfort are always a consideration. If Leo is sick, god forbid, he gets first class care. If a human is sick, god help the grown human that is sick in my presence, I am slightly less sympathetic. Leo can lick his butt sitting next to me but my goodness if you are a person please do not spit in my presence, it's disgusting. Leo can lick my face before I have had my eyes open for two seconds...I am sure you see where that one is going!

I will sum up my devotion to the very large toddlers simply by saying, the other night I spent over three hours creating a mash that I researched for two weeks prior, on the off chance that it'd help Brody get more weight on (who is fine by the way). The mash was a big hit!

I am forever bothered by one horsey dilemma or the next and I will spend hours explaining it to you.

There is always a horse, a dog, a chicken, a rooster, a donkey, or a duck that is in need. Somehow I catch wind of these things and most times want to help in any way I can.

I'll make sure these guys all have their vitamins. You as a human are responsible for taking yours, which includes making sure you have them.

I can't sit through a real television show however I will sit here for hours penning some fanciful blog about how great Katie is.

I'll shove a sandwich down my throat cause I acknowledge that eating is required and not think for two seconds about the mud, that is likely half shit, under my finger nails.

I will wash a horse blanket in the washer for people clothes even though I have one for the horse blankets at the barn, sometimes it's raining and I don't care to make the trip; blankets must be washed plain and simple.

I will also put the horse blankets in the people dryer to take the chill off it if they've been sitting in the cold barn all day.

I will drag mud through the house, stir beet pulp with kitchen spoons, and steal various tupperware containers that I believe to be the best measuring devices ever.

I will tell you how to clean the stalls, or I'll follow behind you and do it the "right way" after you've left to spare your feelings, ask my son. I'll also leave dishes in the sink and my fuzzy socks in the living room with no regret. I'm tired, I likely just cleaned the rooms of many giant toddlers.

I will wear big giant, floppy, muddy boots to the store and be offended if you ask me something to the affect of "You're wearing that?".

I will put on make up but I generally need a reason beyond getting out of bed and starting the day. My hair is forever in a sloppy pony tail and not because I studied how to make a fashionable mess of my hair!

I will pick up poop with my hand, I will touch a stall floor to see if it's damp or just "dirty", I will pee in a stall alongside my horse but god forbid you open the bathroom door when I am in there!

Yep, yep it's gotta kinda blow to be a people in my little world!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More