Monday, April 9, 2012

Calgon take me away (or all that is scary in a world of washracks).

Rev moved up to the ranch (Diamond Hill) Friday. He did really well; he was loaded into a trailer that surely had teeth, lead into a washrack that had a drain that could suck down Godzilla, and still, he survived!

Rev was nervous, there was poop; on the driveway, in the trailer, in the washrack, there was poop.

He really did do well. Rev has only had two owners before myself. So this is, in my world of unicorns and rainbows, the third place he's lived. I do realize that he's probably resided in more homes than he has had owners. When we loaded him in the trailer, he didn't want to go. I don't begin to really know why he didn't want to go into that trailer. I have my ideas; one of which is that because his life had been recently shaken up he was in no mood to have that happen again; trailers mean new places and he had grown comfortable where he was.

It could have also been as simple as he didn't like the straight load.

Who knows? Rev. In the end, it was not a huge (or long) ordeal, got in the trailer and off he went. Cathy was driving the truck and I was following her, when we got there she remarked that he was quiet as a mouse. He was, it appeared, busy pooping.

After a bit we started the process of giving him a bath. You have to understand, Rev has a lot of hair. I'm talking woolly monster hairy! Rev's hair was also pretty dirty. I had been dying to give him a bath. I'd have likely moved him to Diamond Hill just for the washrack truth be told.

So we walk Rev in and out a few times, Cathy then me. Cathy turned on the water and we did it some more. I am pretty sure Rev thought the drain was gonna suck him right down into god knows where. He'd do really well for a bit then he'd remember that he was terrified and back he'd go, right out of the washrack with me in tow. He didn't lift me off the ground every time we went flying out of the washrack, he only did that about five times. We'd go back in, his little heart beating a mile a minute and we'd continue. The water was warm and there was a lot, a lot, of soothing conversations and pets, in the end we got through it just fine.

I woke up the next day puzzled that my arm was sore. It's still pretty sore today. He's a big guy and apparently being lifted up by one arm can result in a little soreness in the following days.

I wrote that off and on throughout the weekend and in re-reading it I must say, it's a pretty boring post. It's Monday now and I am happy to report my arm is intact. Rev has had a good couple days and seems happy there. He made friends with Rio, he and Rio share a pasture during the day. He also adores Sophie, she is in the stall next to Rev.

I'll write more this evening because I really am excited about him being up there and it's been a good few first days for him. For now however I am just going to publish this rather boring post about my arm so I can get it out of the way!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More