Thursday, February 10, 2011

Hanging out with the horses

I haven't written much in the last week or so; I've been "busy", mentally busy.

I've spent a lot of time hanging out with the horses, I've spent hours pouring over poetry, I've tried to get up early every day, and examined every skill I have trying to figure out what to do with this life that is now sitting at my feet looking up at me like Leo does when I am holding a hot dog! I still haven't quite figured it out.

So I hang out with the horses and think. I shovel wheelbarrows full of poop, make up exercises, and pretend my 40 something back isn't killing me! I talk to Texas as if he understands me and look to Patch for the sage advice I know only he is capable of. I watch Katie run and dream. I cuddle with Amber and hope she doesn't mind. I drag poor Leo everywhere with me, tell him things no dog should have to listen to, and think a bit more.

It's a very odd place to be. I can't say it's uncomfortable, I can say that right now it is a bit too fragile for most human hands. So I hang out with the horses and hope they don't mind.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More